5.28.2007

Another tough weekend of training in the Gorge





It was another great of training and having fun in the Gorge this past Memorial Day weekend. After a long trip down on Friday evening I kicked things off Saturday morning with a 95 mile ride (picture is of the old Highway - one of my favorite stretches of road in the Gorge to ride). My bike riding is great as I had a 20+ average with lots of climbing on the day. After the ride, lunch and a quick nap I headed out for a quick 8 mile run which also felt great.


Saturday evening was a very late one by my recent standards stretching late into the evening at the River City Saloon with some friends (new and old). Sunday morning was a rough one but I got up got breakfast and headed to the Syncline for a trail run up the Coyote Trail. It was a great run since it's not too steep but it was challenging trying to avoid the poison oak.


After the run and a quick bite to eat I headed east to Rowena to get a little windsurfing session in. This was despite my intent not to do anything stupid with only 4 weeks until the race and windsurfing is a good way to do something stupid. I headed out for a session in what I can only describe as wild wind. It was seriously some of the strongest wind I've ever sailed in. At one point I was literally pinned down in the middle of the river just holding my rig as the wind was too strong to waterstart. So after a few minutes it subsided just enough for me to get started and make a run for the beach. The gusts ended up being into the mid 50's. I survived without getting hurt.
Next weekend is the Issaquah Sprint Triathlon so I'm ready looking forward to a fairly mellow week of training. I'll post how it goes.

No comments: