3.11.2008

Tucson Camp - Day 4

Today was supposed to be a longer ride of 5 or 6 hours with a plan to ride out towards the Mexican border. Things rolled along for the first hour as a group then we broke into small groups. I was in the "A" group and our group began to heat things up for a few miles with the group pushing 25-28 mph on the flats on the way out to the town of Vail. Due to some new road construction we ended up getting turned around a bit so we headed back a little earlier than expected. During the ride back I hung at the back of the whole group and then rode through the group to rejoin the "A" group which tested the legs a big on the hills. We ended up riding up to an overlook for a quick break. One the way back to Tucson the "A" group was flying on the tri bikes and I was doing all I could to hang on but ended up getting dropped by about a half mile despite maintaining my 25+ mph. After a short recovery I went after the group and was able to catch them as we hit the Tucson city limits. The ride totaled about 64 miles.

Immediately after the bike we headed out for a 20 minute transition run and I felt really good at the end of the run. Later that afternoon we headed out for some run drill training. Overall I felt like it was a pretty easy day. I think they were resting us up for the big day on the Mt. Lemon ride.

No comments: