6.17.2007

7 Days......and counting

We're down to the last week and as expected the last week was difficult mentally. I cut back on workouts to one a day and of a shorter duration. I'm feeling great heading into this last week.

My body feels good and I'm getting there mentally. In addition the weather looks like it's going to cooperate. The current forecast is for tempeatures in the low 70's which is a relief after the past two years with tempeatures in the mid to upper 90's.

I got my bike tuned this week and spent part of today taking few of a few minor improvements; ensuring my rear bottle holder was locked down tight as I it had been loose and rattling, I replaced the grip tape on the drop bars and added non skid to the brake bars. The bike is ready.

I spent part of the day beginning to go through my checklist of items I need for race day. Triathlon pretty simple right you swim, bike and run well think again;

  • Bike Shoes
  • Bike Helment
  • Arm Warmers
  • CO2 cartridges (air for tires)
  • CO2 inflator
  • Spare tires
  • Spare tire tubes
  • Valve extenders
  • Tire levers
  • Water Bottles
  • Electrolyte mix and tablets
  • Salt pills
  • Energy Gel
  • Powerbars
  • Wetsuit
  • Swim Cap
  • Goggles
  • Anti fog spray
  • towel
  • Socks
  • Timing chip strap
  • Advil
  • Sunscreen
  • Body Glide
  • Baby powder
  • Running Shoes
  • Sun Glasses
  • Race number belt
  • Hydration belt
  • Hat and Visor
  • Race clothes

.......did I forget anything? I'm sure I'll be double checking my list this week. A couple more short workouts this week to keep the body loose and my muscles firing. I'm hoping I'll have more posts this week from Coeur d'Alene.

No comments: