2.26.2008

The flu bug hits home

Well I had been so lucky this year with my health and not getting sick. It finally caught up with me this past weekend.

The previous weekend I had been up at Steven's Pass for an annual trip with High School friends. We were all crammed together in a lodge with many little kids and babies. I was really careful about keeping hands washed but alas I didn't survive and picked up a little bug (probably from picking up a little bugger).

Started feeling a little rough on Friday with a scratchy throat and Saturday morning I got up and dressed for my planned 2 hour run but then thought I'd be better off taking the day off and not risking really getting sick and having to be down for a week. Luckily things never really got fully involved and I was back training yesterday with a good 4000 yd swim workout. Now I just have some congestion in my head and chest but I seem to have plenty of energy so I'm going hopefully get back on track this week.

It was tough not working out this weekend both because those are my long run and ride days and because it was beautiful, warm (well....above 50 degrees) and sunny. It was killing me to be inside and laying low.

I'm headed off to Tucson in just 10 days for training camp and very much looking forward to the warmer temps, training partners and coaching.

On other fronts I've decided to upgrade my bike for this coming season (you know that old I need versus I want question). I wanted to upgrade my bike. I've ordered a Cervelo P3 frameset and will switch all my components over to the new frame when it arrives in April. Apparently this still remains a very hot bike for 2008.

I was looking at the Specialized S-Works Transition but the earliest availability for that locally was going to be in May which would be too late to get any quality time in the saddle before Hawaii 70.3. I will get a chance to ride the Specialized in Tucson as I understand the Specialized reps will be there as they still sponsor Peter Reid. If I ride it and I love it I might need to see if I can work a deal but then again I know that I'm happy with Cervelo as I've been riding my Cervelo Soloist Carbon for the past 8 months and really love it.

Look for pictures and and updates from Tucson in the coming weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.