12.17.2007

Holiday Greetings and leg update

Happy Holidays!!! The holiday season is upon us and I'm way behind on my gift shopping which is not my style, usually I'm on top of the gift buying but this year it hasn't happened. The tree is up, wreaths hung and garland strung about the house however.

Training has been going as well as can be expected given the continuing saga of my tendinitis. The good news is that it's getting better. I'm getting physical therapy treatments at least once a week which involves deep tissue massage and ultrasound and am doing many stretches and strength exercises daily. At this point the pain and stiffness is mostly after my run workouts so I've cut back the distance, intensity and am not running two days in a row for now (still logging about 20 miles a week). It's on the mend as the pain and discomfort isn't as great and subsides quicker after my workouts so all in all things are improving.

On the swim front things are going very well as I'm still in the pool twice a week (6000 - 7000 yds)focusing on drills. This past week however I did 8 X 100 yds averaging around 1:28 which is a vast improvement from where I was two months ago (at about 1:37 for 100 yds).

Next week will be a bike focus week so I'm expecting longer miles on the bike next week during the week off from work. I'll be stocking up on tubes as I had two flats on my ride yesterday which was a bummer.

I'm also got confirmed for the training camp in Tucson in early March which should be a good push into the big mileage and intensity months leading up to Hawaii 70.3 in May and Ironman CDA in June.

I'll be posting my year in review before the end of the year so you have to look forward to. For now however I hope you have a very happy and safe holiday season.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just Found your blog. Keep up the great work. I look to do CDA this June as well. It will be my first IM distance race.